We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about You, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (Personal Information).
Personal information We may hold
Personal Information We hold may include Your name, email address, current and previous address, telephone or mobile phone numbers, trading names and bank account details.
Where We hold Personal Information
We hold Your Personal Information on servers located in Australia and the United States.
How We collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from You, for example, when You provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when You submit Your personal details through Our Website (eg. during any registration or on-line order process);
- from third parties such as Our related companies, or Your representatives or referees;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from Our own records of how You acquire our Products or use Our services;
- when You visit our Website. For more information on how our Websites collects information please refer to ‘Other Information We Collect’ below; or
- when legally required to do so.
Copies of correspondence sent from the Website that may contain Personal Information are stored by Us as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes.
If You do not provide Personal Information
When We collect Personal Information directly from You; You will be specifically requested to provide it. You may choose to provide any Personal Information or not. However if You choose not to give information We may not be able to provide You with the products and services You require.
When We disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose Your Personal Information to Our related bodies in China, Hong Kong, Brazil, and USA who may use that information in order to deliver Our products and services to You.
We may also disclose Your Personal Information in circumstances where:
- You have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted;
- it can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that You consent to Your Personal Information being disclosed;
- We have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with Our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- We believe in good faith that the law requires Our disclosure of Your Personal Information; and
- We have engaged third parties to provide:
– Your services you have requested and disclosure of Your Personal Information to those third parties is required to meet Your request for those services; or
– services related to Our business such as mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions, marketing services, market research, and website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations equivalent to those in Australia in relation to the protection of Your Personal Information.
We may also be obliged to disclose certain information You have provided or information relating to Your use of Our services, to credit reporting agencies. We will notify You in accordance with the relevant Code of Conduct and Australian privacy laws on what items of information will be disclosed for this purpose.
How We use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify Your identity;
- provide the product and services You have requested or may require;
- administer and manage the delivery or creation of products and those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud; and
- research and develop our products and services.
Also, Your Personal Information is collected so that We, Our related bodies and Our business partners can promote and market products and services to You (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep You informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after You cease acquiring products or services from Us.
If at any time You do not wish Us, Our related bodies or Our dealers to contact You to promote and market products, services and special offers to You, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also ensure each electronic message We send (e.g. by e-mail, SMS, MMS or online instant message) includes a method that enables You to tell Us You do not want to receive future electronic marketing material.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We will take commercially reasonable steps to secure Your Personal Information and keep this information accurate and current.
If at any time You discover that information held by Us about You is incorrect You may contact Us at email@example.com or phone 1300 058 194 to update that information.
You have a right to access Your Personal Information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If You would like to do so, please let Us know by contacting Us on the email or phone number above. You may be required to put Your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to Your information.
Other Information we collect
In addition to Personal Information We may collect information consisting of:
- statistical information that includes those that are automatically generated from Your computer or device about Your general use of the Website such as traffic data, location data etc.; and
- IP address of users that access and use the Website. We use IP addresses to assist the diagnosis of problems or support issues with the Website and to analyse the usage and traffic of the Website.
This information is gathered for statistical purposes and in an aggregate and de-identified format which cannot be attributed to an individual user. Statistical information is not Your Personal Information and We cannot identify You from such statistical data.
- any other type of information, whether personal or general, that You provide Us when You communicate with Us for any reason.
We won’t sell or supply Your Personal Information to other organisations or any third party for Direct Marketing of products or services not provided by Us. Direct Marketing means one to one marketing using Your Personal Information (e.g. Your name, address, email address), normally supported by a database, which uses one or more advertising media to effect a measurable response and/or messaging (spam), postal canvassing and list brokering.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personal Information submitted to the Website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and You acknowledge and accept this risk when accessing and using the Website.
We will endeavour to take reasonable commercial steps to protect Personal Information You provide Us in relation to Your use of the Website and ensure its security on Our systems and servers. Information that You provide may be transmitted to countries overseas for processing and analysis. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
Our employees and any third parties who provide services are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by Us. However, to the extent permitted by law, We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage which is directly or indirectly cause by unauthorised access to Your Personal Information.
Cookies and Applets
All computers and devices have the ability to automatically accept or decline Cookies. This can be done by changing the settings on Your browser. Please note that if You choose to decline cookies, You may be unable to access particular parts of the Website and it may affect the level of service We are able to provide You.
Links to other Websites
Changes to this Policy
Feedback and Comments
If You are making a complaint in relation to an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please provide all relevant details to allow Us to assess the complaint. Most issues should be able to be addressed at the first point of contact. If it takes longer:
- relevant details of the complaint will be recorded and passed on to an appropriate person for action;
- Your complaint will be acknowledged either by telephone or in writing;
- You will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation; and
- We will aim to resolve Your complaint within 10-15 business days.
Local Privacy Standards
Last updated 12 March 2014