Increasing potline amperage whilst increasing gas flow and lower DP
A European Aluminium smelter was looking to increase potline amperage whilst increasing gas flow from the pots and lowering filter DP.
Following an earlier failure of standard design ESB’s to meet operational targets, a trial was carried out with PrimaFlow™ technology.
SOLAFT designed and developed PrimaFlow™, with a revolutionary combination of proprietary filter bag, cage and customised filtration media. The aerodynamic design allowed for lower internal gas flow resistance, reducing pressure drop along filter bag length.
After a successful trialling, the benefits PrimaFlow™ when compared against the existing ESBs:
- Reduction in pressure drop compared to the existing compartments in operation, even at a higher gas flow
- 32% reduction in filter DP
- 15% increase in filter gas flow
- 50% reduction in pulse pressure
- 79% reduction in pulse frequency.
The reduction in pulse air pressure and pulse cleaning frequency yielded a potential for around 75% reduction in compressed air in the GTC operation.